Become a Member of BirdWatch Ireland
Click here to join BirdWatch Ireland today!
Why join us?
- Wings, our full-colour quarterly magazine for members, packed with fascinating articles, photos, bird identification features, international and national conservatio projects, competitions and much more.
- A free Garden Bird pack, full of information on how to attract, feed and identify birds.
- Access to the hundreds of events held each year by our network of 30 local Branches all over Ireland, including talks, slideshows and guided birdwatching outings, all with experts on hand to help members learn more about our feathered friends - all free of charge and suitable for all ages.
- A special free gift to help you get the most out of birdwatching.
- Family members also receive Bird Detectives, our dedicated children's magazine.
Membership runs for one year from the date of enrolment. As a voluntary organisation, the financial support we receive from our members is vital if we are to be able to continue our bird and habitat conservation work, keep working with schools and teachers and create and manage nature reserves. By becoming a member today, you can help us in our work and make a real difference to wildlife in Ireland.
Whether you are simply interested in garden birds, a total novice or an experienced birdwatcher, a person with strong conservation protection ideals, or a budding active volunteer willing to work on conservation projects and surveys, BirdWatch Ireland membership has been designed with you in mind.
Additional benefits include:
- Membership of Ireland’s largest conservation organisation, having the political strength to pursue conservation policies for the protection of wild birds and their natural habitats.
- Membership of an organisation that is realistic and practical, working with farmers, land-owners and businesses to find a balance between conservation and sustainable development.
- Membership of a designated National Partner of BirdLife International, a global network of over 100 bird conservation organisations with in excess of 2,500,000 members and unequalled expertise and political influence.
- The opportunity to participate at local branch level, promoting conservation, making friends and participating in outings and events.
- The opportunity to discover the rewarding hobby of birdwatching and to learn more about the birds and other wildlife around your own home and garden.
- The opportunity to participate in exciting projects and survey work.
If you know anyone who has an interest in birds or wildlife, an annual membership of BirdWatch Ireland makes the perfect gift. In addition to their initial membership pack and joining gift, the recipient(s) will also be able to attend birdwatching talks and outings all over the country, visit our nationwide nature reserves and get expert advice on wildlife and conservation. They will also receive Wings, our exclusive membership magazine, every three months – a gift that will last the whole year.
In addition, you will know that by giving the gift of membership you are helping to support our vital conservation and education work.
To take out a gift membership, simply visit our Membership Payments section, call us on (01) 2819878 or send a cheque or postal order for the relevant amount to: BirdWatch Ireland Unit 20 Block D, Bullford Business Campus, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow, Ireland.