I-WeBS publications are regularly produced. At the beginning of each season a newsletter, I-WeBS News, is produced and sent to all counters. A summary report is also produced for the most recent season for which there is available data. The summary papers appear in BirdWatch Ireland's annual journal Irish Birds.
Some of these newsletters and reports are available for download:
1995: I-WeBS News 1
1996: I-WeBS News 2 / Summary table 1994/95
1997: I-WeBS News 3 / Summary table 1995/96
1999: I-WeBS News 4 / Summary table 1996/97
2000: I-WeBS News 5 / Summary table 1997/98
2001: I-WeBS News 6 / Summary table 1998/99
2002: I-WeBS News 7 / Summary table 1999/2000
2003: Summary paper results 2000/01
2004: I-WeBS News 8 / Summary paper results 2001/02
2005: I-WeBS News 9 / Summary paper results 2002/03
2006: I-WeBS News 10 / Summary paper results 2003/04 & 2004/05
2007: I-WeBS News 11 / Summary paper results 2005/06
2008: I-WeBS News 12 / Summary paper results 2006/07
2009: I-WeBS News 13 / Summary paper results 2007/08
2010: I-WeBS News 14 / Summary paper results 2008/09
2011: I-WeBS News 15 / Summary paper results 2009/10
2012: I-WeBS News 16 / Summary paper results 2010/11
2013: I-WeBS News 17 / Summary paper results 2011/12
2014: I-WeBS News 18 / Summary paper results 2012/13
2015: I-WeBS News 19 / Summary paper results 2013/14
2016: I-WeBS News 20 / Summary paper results 2014/15
2017: I-WeBS News 21
Other Irish Wetland Bird Survey publications include:
- Crowe, O. & C. Holt. 2013. Estimates of waterbird numbers wintering in Ireland 2006/07 – 2010/11. Irish Birds 9, 545-552. [paper]
- Boland, H. and O. Crowe. 2012. Irish Wetland Bird Survey: waterbird status and distribution 2001/02 - 2008/09. BirdWatch Ireland, Kilcoole, Co. Wicklow. [pdf] [purchase]
- Crowe, O., G. Austin & H. Boland. 2012. Waterbird populations on non-estuarine coasts in Ireland: results of the 2006/07 Non-Estuarine Coastal Waterbird Survey (NEWS). Irish Birds 9, 385–396. [paper]
- Crowe, O., G. E. Austin, K. Colhoun, P. Cranswick, M. Kershaw, A. J. Musgrove. 2008. Estimates and trends of waterbird numbers wintering in Ireland, 1994/95-2003/04. Bird Study 55, 66–77. [paper]
- Crowe, O. 2005. Ireland’s Wetlands and their Waterbirds: Status and Distribution. BirdWatch Ireland, Rockingham, Co. Wicklow. [summary]
- Crowe, O. and K. Colhoun. 2001. Appraisal of I-WeBS coverage of priority wetlands in the Republic of Ireland. Unpublished BirdWatch Ireland Report 01/10, Monkstown.
- Colhoun, K. 2001a. Irish Wetland Bird Survey, 1998-99. Results from the fifth winter of the Irish Wetland Bird Survey. BirdWatch Ireland, Dublin. [summary]
- Colhoun, K. 2000. Irish Wetland Bird Survey, 1997-98. Results from the fourth winter of the Irish Wetland Bird Survey. BirdWatch Ireland, Dublin. [summary]
- Colhoun, K. and S. Newton. 2000. Winter waterbird populations on non-estuarine coasts in the Republic of Ireland: results of the 1997-98 Non-Estuarine Coastal Waterfowl Survey (NEWS). Irish Birds 6, 527-542.
- Colhoun, K. 1999. Irish Wetland Bird Survey, 1996-97. Results from the third winter of the Irish Wetland Bird Survey. BirdWatch Ireland, Dublin.
Swan and Goose publications:
- Crowe, O., McElwaine, J.G., Boland, H. & Enlander, I.J. Whooper Cygnus cygnus and Bewick’s C. columbianus bewickii Swans in Ireland: results of the International Swan Census, January 2015. 2015. Irish Birds 10: 151-158.
- Worden, J., O. Crowe, O. Einarsson, A. Gardarsson, G. McElwaine and E. C. Rees. 2009. Population size and breeding success of the Icelandic Whooper Swan Cygnus cygnus: results of the January 2005 International Census. Wildfowl 59, 17-40. [pdf]
- Mitchell, C., A. Walsh, C. Hall and O. Crowe. 2008. Greenland Barnacle Geese Branta leucopsis in Britain and Ireland: results of the international census, spring 2008. Wildfowl & Wetlands Trust, Slimbridge. [pdf]
- Walsh, A. J. and O. Crowe. 2008. Barnacle Geese Branta leucopsis in Ireland, spring 2008. Irish Birds 8, 430-432. [pdf]
- Crowe, O., J. G. McElwaine, J. Worden, G. A. Watson, A. Walsh and H. Boland. 2005. Whooper Cygnus cygnus and Bewick’s C. columbianus bewickii Swans in Ireland: results of the international census, January 2005. Irish Birds 7, 483-488. [pdf]Hall, C., O. Crowe, G. McElwaine, Ó. Einarsson, N. Calbrade & E. Rees. 2016. Population size and breeding success of the Icelandic Whooper Swan Cygnus cygnus: results of the 2015 International Census. Wildfowl 66: 75-97. [pdf]
- Colhoun K., J. G. McElwaine, P. A. Cranswick, I. Enlander and O. J. Merne. 2000. Numbers and distribution of Whooper Cygnus cygnus and Bewick’s C. columbianus bewickii Swans in Ireland: results of the International Swan Census, January 2000. Irish Birds 6, 485-494.
- Summers R.W., H. Boland, K. Colhoun, N. Elkins, B. Etheridge, S. Foster, J.W. Fox, K. Mackie, L.R. Quinn & R.L. Swann. 2014. Contrasting trans-Atlantic migratory routes of Nearctic Purple Sandpipers Calidris maritima associated with low pressure systems in spring and winter. Ardea 102,139–152. [pdf]
- Gillings, S., A. Avontins, O. Crowe, S. Dalakchieva, K. Devos, J. Elts, M. Green, T.G. Gunnarsson, R. Kleefstra, V. Kubelka, T. Lehtiniemi, W. Meissner, E. Pakstyte, L. Rasmussen, G. Szimuly and J. Wahl. 2012. Results of a coordinated count of Eurasian Golden Plovers Pluvialis apricaria in Europe during October 2008. Wader Study Group Bulletin 119, 125–128. [pdf]
- Crowe, O. 2005. Golden Moments: a review of Golden Plover in Ireland. Presentation at the Golden Plover Workshop held at the Wader Study Group Conference, Cork, Ireland. [summary]
- Crowe, O., H. Boland and A. Musgrove. 2005. Ireland’s Wintering Waders 1994/95-2003/04. Poster presented at the Wader Study Group Conference, Cork, Ireland. [summary]
© 2017 BirdWatch Ireland